Your Chromecast streaming device needs to use WiFi to connect to your devices. However, Chromecast can only remember one WiFi network at a time. This means that if you need to change networks, you’ll need to reset your Chromecast. Here’s how to change WiFi networks on Chromecast in several ways. With this feature, you can use Google chromecast without wifi by casting contents from Google cast ready app from Android, iOS, and desktop platform.
Generally, Chromecast streams media content by taking commands from smartphone apps or PC through the WiFi connection. What happens if you don’t have a stable internet connection or WiFi to cast the contents? It is also difficult when your guest wants to cast something on your Chromecast, and you had no intention to give them the password to access your home WiFi network. To avoid these kinds of situations, use this walkaround to use Chromecast without connecting to your WiFi connection.
How to Use Chromecast with Hotel Wi-Fi
Using a Chromecast on a Hotel Wi-Fi isn’t as easy as streaming over your private network. Since most of the hotels restrict the usability of their Wi-Fi connection and wants you to sign up for a digital form before you can make most out it. However, a Chromecast can easily find the wireless network but can not interact with it to go past the signup form to successfully connect to an active Internet Connection.
You need not worry much, though. If you really want to use your Chromecast over the Hotel’s WiFi connection. We have a few solutions for you using which you can easily get it done and enjoy the streaming. Firstly, if you are using a laptop, you can use simply create your private network or alternatively use a travel router to achieve the same results.
Use Chromecast on Hotel WiFi with Travel Router
Using pocket-sized travel routers are very efficient to watch content through Chromecast while you’re travelling. You can purchase those routers easily from Amazon.
- Before leaving your home, set up a travel router by creating an SSID (network name) and password.
- Register Chromecast to the router using the Google app on your Android or iOS device.
- On your hotel, connect the travel router to the hotel’s WiFi Ethernet connection. It will create a hotspot where the Chromecast will be connected automatically even if there is no internet connection.
- Now, you need to connect your casting device to the router. Open the WiFi settings and select the router. If the device fails to find the device, manually enter the network name and password.
- Once, your casting device and Chromecast are on the same network, you can start casting the contents stored locally on your computer or phone.
Use Chromecast on Hotel WiFi with Connectify
If you aren’t able to purchase travel routers, you can use the connectify app on your Windows or Mac devices to use Chromecast without WiFi.
- Download and install Connectify on your laptop.
- Open the app > select WiFi hotspot > create a hotspot by entering a network name and password.
- Connect your casting device (Android or iOS) to the newly created hotspot network.
- Now, connect your Chromecast to a new WiFi connection created on the Connectify app.
- With both devices on the same network, you can start casting the contents.
You can any of the steps to simply stream your media to your Chromecast. Also with the above-given steps, you can establish a connection even without a Wi-Fi connection and when you are travelling using your Hotel’s WiFi connection.